- 2 million speakers around the world, and more every day.
- A large ( >100,000 articles) Wikipedia and doubling every year. (http://eo.wikipedia.com)
- Enjoy free lodging when traveling abroad! It’s true!
- Makes learning other languages easier.
- Much easier to learn than national languages.
- Simple grammar, no irregular verbs, no exceptions.
- International. Spoken world-wide. (Booming in Asia, and Eastern Europe.)
- Non-colonial. Welcome even in places where English is not.
- Suitable for:
- whispering romantic sweet-nothings
- singing songs, from hymns to hiphop and rock to reggae
- telling jokes, and having fun
- making new friends, around the corner and around the world
- reading the news, classic literature, and thousands of websites
- blogging your thoughts, or arguing your point
- presenting poems, posts, or papers.
- A living language. The first century was just the beginning!
Visit the Esperanto Club of Hampton Roads.
- 757 622-5504
- Click below for a printable Word document with this information: